Monday, February 11, 2008

It's about more than just about ads

despite the title of this great article The Coming Ad Revolution by Esther Dyson on WSJ.com. This web visionary since day one still has a great grasp of what lies ahead and very likely will be correct in her prediction.




Her article contains important travel related comments that caught my attention. This one is especially revealing, as it deals with ad effectiveness and personalization and how things need to change to make the web a more effective tool than it is today:



I'm far more likely to respond to BA or NetJets within a trusted site, and for a specific offer, than I am to heed their ad while reading a newspaper article on the troubles in Russia. (As for Orbitz, my old standby: After five years, it still doesn't acknowledge my preferred airlines.)



As with past developments, this again shows how travel will be impacted by what is introduced on the web.


 





 

No comments: